DANIELS G O
2022 WORLD DAY AGAINST HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS….Pre Conference Briefing
THEME: “USE AND ABUSE OF TECHNOLOGY”
In 2013, The United Nations General Assembly Held a High Level Meeting And Designated July 30th As The World Day Against Human Trafficking With a focus to raise Awareness of the situation of Victims of human trafficking,Their Promotion And Protection of their Rights As well as Mobilize Political Will To Address Their Problem.
The Theme for this Year’s Celebration which centres on the Misuse Of Technology by Human traffickers to Promote their evil Business According to the D.G NAPTIP Dr FATIMA WAZIRI–Azu could not have come at a better time.
” She noted that while Technology come as a great relief And a major Boost In the way Of Life of People with the advent of the Covid-19 Pandemic, Traffickers have also catched in on Technology to advance their Business, shifting from Physical Recruitment to virtual Assessment of Victims And Proxy Negotiations”
The Internet now Provides easy access to a larger Pool of Potential Victims as Geographical Limitations no longer Exist.
Dr WAZIRI–Azu noted that at NAPTIP,there is an increase in fake Jobs Advertorials And Fake Scholarship Via the social media to recruit unsuspecting Victims.
She however noted that while Technology is being misused to facilitate trafficking in Persons, It’s Positive Use should be promoted by all stakeholders interested in the good of Nigeria to combat trafficking work through investigations that in turn enhances awareness Campaigns, Prosecution, Development of technology based tools that supports Victims And Survivors.
Advertise Here… Visit Us for more information through the short video clip below
The 2022 World Day Against Human Trafficking Celebration is indeed Very Unique with the full Involvement Of Major Support Partners with a line up of activities as follows
Plans for the 2022 commemoration with a week full of events beginning from, Monday July 25 to Monday August 1st 2022, as follows:
* Premier of a short film title, POUND OF HEART. A film on Organ Harvesting produced by the NAPTIP Drama Club. This Premier will hold on Wednesday, 27th July, 2022, Silverbird Cinema at 1pm.
* First Stage of the Inter-University Debate on the 2022 theme.: This will involve Students of the Faculty of Law from 4 Private Universities from the FCT and its environs; Baze University; Nile University; Veritas University, and Bingham University. This Stage of the Debate is scheduled to hold on Thursday 28th July, 2022, Rockview Hotel (Classic) at 11:00am.
* Anti-Human Trafficking Awareness Walk in Abuja and across the country will take place on Friday, 29th July, 2022. Take off point in Abuja is Old Parade Ground, Area 10 at 8.00am
* Novelty Football Match and Awareness Fitness Exercise and Jogging in collaboration with the Federation of Public Service Games. This will hold on Saturday, 30th July, 2022 at the Practice Pitch of the Moshood Abiola National Stadium at 7.00am.
* Celebration with Victims of Human Trafficking on Saturday, 30th July, 2022 at the NAPTIP Shelter Abuja.
* The Grand Finale of the World Day and finals of the Inter-
University Debate is scheduled for Monday 1st August, 2022, Ladi Kwali Hall, Abuja Sheraton Hotel and Towers at 10.00am
* There will also be sensitisation activities across the country on human trafficking throughout the week by officers of the Agency and stakeholders. There will also be media appearances by NAPTIP and her partners and stakeholders.
* His Excellency, Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN, GCON will be the Special Guest of Honour at the Grand Finale and the Honorable Minister, Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq, is the Chief Host of all the events that have been lined up.
* All scheduled events are graciously and generously supported by our amazing partners who always show up for us: International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD); International Organization for Migration (IOM); International Ibero America Foundation for Administration & Public Policy (FIIAPP); Sir Emeka Offor Foundation and FORTEM Microfinance Institution. We owe these partners a ton of gratitude.
* While appreciating you all for honoring our invitation to this Press Conference, I am persuaded that through you the world will join us physically and virtually in this commemoration and also join in making these events successful. Human trafficking is an issue that concerns all of government and all of society.
* Finally, let me also use this opportunity to extend a formal invitation to you all to join us at these events. I look forward to welcoming you.
… Visit Us for more information, watch the video clip below