VICTORIOUS T .D
Two staff of the Eko electricity distribution company were on Saturday, electrocuted while digging to locate a faulty transformer cable.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State, Benjamin Hundeyin who disclosed this said the incident was reported at the Lion building division of the command, Saturday evening by another member of staff of the electricity distribution company in Lagos island.
The deceased Identified by Hundeyin as Umaru, aged fifty one got electrocuted while trying to locate a faulty transformer cable located at P&T axis of Obalende and Sunday Awaruwa aged , forty eight, the PPRO said died while trying to rescue his colleague.
Hundeyin added that detectives rushed to the scene of the incident on receiving the information and rescued the victims who were later taken to the Lagos Island general hospital where they were confirmed dead.
Hundeyin said that investigation has commenced into the matter.